Monday, April 1, 2013

Nitty Gritty Update: Stacking Cash and my April Budget


I've been stacking cash like a drug dealer. Brace yourselves for dry details.

Not bad for three days of hustling.
As you can see, project Liquidate-My-Lifestyle is well under way. Last week I sold my iPad3, my handgun, and my Monster saks. The Bulova watch is spoken for and I should have cash in hand for it by Friday.

That'll bring me to a total of $1,430 in cash, enough to fund my $1,000 emergency cash reserves. That way, if a small disaster strikes, I'll be able to cover it without using my credit cards. Score.

Next step is amassing enough cash to pay for the next three semesters of tuition and school books without taking out any additional student loans. I've calculated that total to be about $6,600. $1,900 of which will be needed in May.

Yikes.

That's a lot of money. I'll have $1,163 budgeted for it once I clear the payment for the Bulova.

Hoping to take some of the cash from my car sale (when it happens) and apply it towards tuition. Also, at that point, the $305.48 that would have gone to my car payment each month will start getting applied to my tuition savings as well.

Once tuition is taken care of, I can finally start hitting hard on my credit card debt.

No bites on the car yet. Dropping the price to $24,950 - low as I can go, about $700 below KBB value for a private party sale, but still more than I would get for trading it in. I need to get rid of that stupid car payment ASAP. It's listed on Autotrader and KSL.

The further I get along in this, the more I realize I'm probably going to need to kick my income into higher gear. Probably by doing freelance work on the side or picking up a call center sales gig for a few hours on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment